Natural Gas Asia

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

News - Oil Shales

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 articles

Genie Energy to Look for Other Options After Israel Rejects Oil Shale Drilling Project

Unconventional energy player Genie Energy on Wednesday said that it is looking at other options after its oil shale pilot drilling project in Israel's Shfela region was voted against by Jerusalem District Committee for Planning and Building. The company said that on September 2 the Committee voted to...

Attarat Power Company Awaits Jordanian Government's Nod for Oil Shale Power Project

The Attarat Power Company is awaiting Jordanian government’s response on signing $2.4 billion oil shale-fuelled power plant project, according to a local newspaper. "The government approved the deal... but it seems the National Electric Power [Company] is still waiting for official approval [over]...

Jordan's Energy Landscape: An Interview with H.E Alaa Batayneh

On Jordan’s energy history Energy is a major challenge to our budget. We import 97% of our total energy needs. The remaining 3% is made of natural gas produced locally at the Risha field in the eastern desert near the border with Iraq. Various energy shocks led to our National Energy Strategy: Increasing...

San Leon Updates on Moroccan Oil Shale Study

San Leon Energy in an update of its initial study of the Tarfaya Oil Shale, Morocco has said that yield results from the data samples from the R1 and R3 reservoir zones suggest that an oil yield of 72 litres of oil per ton of extracted material is achievable. Preliminary modeling of the project confirmed...